Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Editor’s Note: This offer expired and is no longer available.
I posted previously about the good experiences that I’ve had with CitiBank, but neglected to mention one nice feature of their reward cards. Once the promotional offers of 5% off of everything run out, a number of their cards continue to offer 5% off of gas, groceries and drugstore purchases (like the Dividend Platinum card that I mentioned in my previous entry). What I failed to mention was that all purchases at our local Super Wal-Mart (the kind with a grocery store built in) are treated as a grocery purchase.
This is equally true if you are buying groceries, fishing tackle, or a lawn mower. On top of this, you can earn 5% off on store gift cards, which can then be used at Sam’s Club. Since Sam’s Club doesn’t accept Visa or MasterCard (except at the pump) this is a great way to earn rewards when you shop at Sam’s. Note that regular Wal-Marts don’t seem to qualify for the 5% treatment, and I’ve heard that not all Super Wal-Marts are coded in the Citi system as being grocery stores. But if you have one around, it’s definitely worth checking out.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)