Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
While perusing ProBlogger.net this morning, I ran across an interesting service offered by BlogPulse — a blogging trend tracker (direct link). After entering search terms and selecting a timeframe (from one to six months), you’ll get a graph depicting the percentage of all blog posts that mention the term(s) of interest. Beyond giving you an overall plot, you can also click on individual dates to drill down into a listing of the actual posts that mentioned the term of interest on that day. So what does this tell us about personal finance blogging?
Here’s what the results for ‘personal finance’ look like:
After flatlining early on, it appears that things started to heat up in early April, and have really taken off since the beginning of May. Note that this graph is expressed in percentages. Thus, the increase isn’t simply a byproduct of increased blogging in general. Rather, personal finance blog entries seem to be proliferating at an accelerated rate.
Just to see how real these sorts of trends are, I punched in ‘baseball’ and looked at the plot over the past six months. Sure enough, there’s a major flurry of activity starting in early April, which corresponds to the beginning of the season. Similarly, check out the plots for ‘spring break’ or ‘graduation.’ Pretty cool stuff.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)