Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
As I’ve noted previously, Citi offers a Credit Protector signup bonus of $15, as well as $50 worth of rebates for remaining a member when you try to quit. As I’ve done in the past, I cashed the $15 signup check (which started a free 30 trial of the Credit Protector service), and then promptly called to cancel my membership once the welcome packet arrived. Once again, they offered me the rebate deal to remain a member and, once again, I accepted. Since this is one of my ‘dormant’ cards (i.e., I’ve maxed the rewards and am waiting for next year before using it again) taking the deal is a no-brainer — the fees are based on the closing balance each month, and no balance = no fees.
Shortly after agreeing to this deal, I received a new welcome packet in the mail, but the rebate coupons didn’t show up… I waited a few days and then called to complain. Once I got through, the CSR pulled up my account and then offered to re-send the coupons. I agreed, and that was that. A couple of days later, the coupons showed up as promised. But a few days after the first batch showed up, I got another set. Score! I’m guessing that the first batch corresponded to the original deal, and the second batch was in response to my complaint about the first batch never arriving. Does this mean that I’ll get $100 for remaining a Credit Protector member? I’d love to find out but, unfortunately, I misplaced one of the sets of coupons. If I can find ’em, I’ll give it a shot.
Update: This weekend I happened upon the missing rebate coupons. Thus, I’ll be able to give double-dipping a try.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)