Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Are you thinking about relocating? If so, then you’re probably interested in knowing how the cost-of-living compares between your current location and your destination. Below I’ve listed a collection of online cost-of-living calculators for making just this sort of comparison between various U.S. locales.
Just hop on over to one of these sites, enter your income, and select your current location/destination. Within seconds you’ll have an estimate of the amount of money that you’d need to make in the new location to maintain your current standard of living.
The first three of these sites even break the results down into categories (e.g., groceries, housing, utilities, and more). Bankrate seems to give the most detailed breakdown, whereas Homefair appears to have the best coverage in terms of cities per state. Based on my brief perusal, there’s a bit of site-to-site variation in the calculations, so it’s probably a good idea to use more than one calculator to get a sense of the true difference in cost-of-living.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)