Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
When it comes to the health of your kids, you should never take shortcuts. But what if you could get the exact the same level of care while saving a bunch of money? We did, and so can you. At the root of the problem is the fact that young kids make frequent trips to the pediatrician for well-child checkups, and they also get an awful lot of immunizations. As it turns out, many health insurance policies cover this sort of care at 100%, but they often place a relatively low cap on the total coverage (say $300-$500). Considering the price per visit to the pediatrician and the cost of certain immunizations, your coverage will be tapped out before you know it, leaving you to foot the bill for the balance of your kids’ well-child care. So how can you get more for your money?
In the case of our oldest son, we found that the local health department was a great source of immunizations. In fact, we were able to get all of his shots for a flat fee of $20/visit, no matter how many (or which) shots he needed. We still took him to his regular doctor for all of his checkups, but then we’d take the short drive over to the health department in order to get his shots. Although we had to pay the $20 fee out-of-pocket, we ended up saving a ton in the long run. Not only that, but our son got the exact same immunizations that he would have otherwise received at the (much more expensive) doctor’s office. While we no longer do this (our health insurance is now more generous when it comes to preventive care), it saved us hundreds of dollars when we needed it. If you’re in the same boat, then you should definitely check out your local health department.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)