Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
The other day I wrote about Emigrant Direct’s dirty little secret… A clause in their terms and conditions that allows them to require 60 days written notice of any withdrawal. Well, it seems that jim over at Blueprint for Financial Prosperity sent them an e-mail about this, and has now received a reponse. So here it is, straight from the horse’s mouth:
We have never had to exercise this option. Since 9/11 the Patriot Act states that all banks include this statement in case of a Terrorist Attack. Otherwise transfers take 2-4 business days.
Like jim, I’m not sure that I buy this explanation. After all, ING Direct ($25 account opening bonus) doesn’t seem to have a similar clause. A more likely explanation is that all New York banks are required by law to have this provision in order to protect against bank runs, although I can’t say for sure.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)