Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
‘Tis the season to be charitable. So if you’re in the giving mood, but aren’t sure which charity is worthy of your donations, I suggest that you check out the Charity Navigator. This site provides independent evaluations of a wide range of charities, and appears to be a great source of information. The main limitation with this site is that they only evaluate 501(c) (3) charities, so religious organizations such as the Salvation Army (which don’t have the same sorts of disclosure requirements as their non-religious counterparts) are often not included due to a lack of data.
Another good site for checking out charities is Charity Watch, which is maintained by the American Institute of Philanthropy. Thanks also to Jeremy for suggesting Give.org, which seems to be akin to the BBB for charitable organizations. So there you have it. Go forth and give!
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)