Register that Domain Name

A quick bit of advice… If you ever run across a domain name that interests you (and is available), then snap it up. It’s dirt cheap to register a domain name (less than ten bucks a year) and it may not be there next time you think of it. This has actually happened to me on two different occasions… I’d think of a domain name that I wanted for one reason or another, check to see if it was available (it was), and then get distracted. Then, just a few days later, I’d go back only to find that it was GONE. Don’t make the same mistake.

Published on January 11th, 2006 - 14 Comments
Filed under: Online

1. Thanks for the post. I need to snap up a few myself.

Comment by Anonymous — Jan 11th 2006 @ 7:03 am
  2. Ditto here. In fact, I keep meaning to for the last week. Dah!

Comment by Anonymous — Jan 11th 2006 @ 7:45 am
  3. I have a domain name I’d like to register, but there are so many companies offering to register the name, and their prices are different. I don’t know who to use! Any advice on which company to go with?

Comment by Anonymous — Jan 11th 2006 @ 3:55 pm
  4. I’ve always used and have been very happy with them.

Comment by Nickel — Jan 11th 2006 @ 4:01 pm
  5. I’ll give them a try. Thanks!

Comment by Anonymous — Jan 11th 2006 @ 4:39 pm
  6. I use GoDaddy too. Love them!

Comment by Anonymous — Jan 12th 2006 @ 2:14 pm
  7. I have yet to have any problems using GoDaddy.

Comment by Anonymous — Jan 12th 2006 @ 3:54 pm
  8. I’m a big fan of GoDaddy as well, but it’s worth noting that Yahoo! Small Business is offering a promotion right now for $2.99 domain (one per new customer). You can always transfer it away to GoDaddy or whomever. I bought mine today.

Comment by Anonymous — Jan 12th 2006 @ 6:38 pm
  9. If you go with Dreamhost, they give you a free registration. Otherwise, GoDaddy is who I use, you can use SAVETEN to get 10% off (which is like 80 cents)

Comment by Anonymous — Jan 12th 2006 @ 9:21 pm
  10. here. $8.88 /yr

good prices, no hassle transfer, registeration, etc. etc. comes with 1 year of whois guard for free for each domain you register.

Comment by Anonymous — Jan 12th 2006 @ 10:50 pm
  11. I agree with you on picking up any good ones, but make sure you actually want the domain name before you invest.

Comment by Anonymous — Jan 14th 2006 @ 6:08 pm
  12. I spent a lot of time trying to find a URL for my blog. Of the twenty plus ideas I tried, only one was used by a real business. Every other site had a squatter trying to sell the URL for $20K or more.

Sarah, I don’t know about Yahoo!s recent promotion, but when I checked a couple months ago, the low-priced registration required a 12 month hosting agreement that was overpriced.

Comment by Anonymous — Jan 14th 2006 @ 7:41 pm
  13. We use – $5.99 a year and never have had a problem.

Comment by Anonymous — Jan 14th 2006 @ 11:32 pm
  14. Awesome site you have here but I was wanting to know
    if you knew of any discussion boards that cover the same topics talked about here?
    I’d really love to be a part of online community where I can get responses from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Appreciate it!

Comment by Anonymous — Apr 10th 2013 @ 12:03 am