Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
I ran across this awhile back and promptly filed it away into the ‘cool gadgets to check out later’ corner of my brain. Well, this weekend it finally resurfaced. So… If you’re interested in cutting down on your electric bills, might I suggest that you check out the Kill-a-Watt.
I’ve actually never used one, but I’ve read about them in a couple of different places, and they look pretty handy. Basically, they allow you to monitor the amount of electricity used by any particular device, thereby allowing you to identify and eliminate waste. For example, I’ve often wondered how much power it takes to leave our computer on all the time (it’s set to ‘sleep’ after a half hour or so of inactivity, but still). Then again, I’ve grown so accustomed to the convenience of just having to wake our computer up, rather than waiting while it boots up… Maybe I don’t really want to know. Oh, and while the Kill-a-Watt has the catchiest name, there seem to be a number of other options out there (simply search Amazon for ‘kill a watt’ to find them), and I’m not entirely sure how they stack up.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)