Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Well, the first Money Poll was a great success with 187 responses as of this writing. Thanks to all who participated. The question of the week was “Do you make/follow a budget?” As I stated in the original poll post, we tend to pay ourselves first and then let the chips fall where they may. So how does everyone else do it?
Here are the results:
44% — I tend to save/invest first, and then let the chips fall where they may
26% — Yep, I know where every cent is going before I even earn it
17% — I rough things out in my head, and then do my best to follow it (sort of)
6% — Budget? Whatâ€™s a budget?
5% — Wellâ€¦ I make a budget, but I rarely stick to it
2% — Other (see the comments section)
I have to admit that I was a bit surprised that we’re amongst the majority… Given the audience, I thought that there might be more hardcore budgeters out there. Anything jump out at you from these data? If so, please leave a comment. Oh, and I’m going to leave the poll open, so feel free to drop by and leave a response if you haven’t had a chance to do so yet.
Be sure to check back next week for the next poll in the series. And if you have any ideas as to poll questions that you’d like to see, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)