Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
This week’s coupon poll was a success, with over 190 votes cast thus far. Thanks again to all who participated. The question of the week was “Do you use coupons when you shop for groceries?” As I stated in the original post, we’re not really into coupons. Rather, we tend to buy store brands as much as possible, and we also try to stock up when things are on sale. So how does everyone else do it?
It was a seesaw battle all week long between “Yes, as much as possible” and “No, not really” and, as of this writing, “Yes” has crept into the lead.
8% — Heck yeah. I routinely get hundreds of dollars of groceries for just a few bucks
43% — Yes, as much as possible, but Iâ€™m not militant about it
41% — No, not really. I buy store brands and/or stock up when things are on sale
6% — Coupons? Are you kidding? Those are for the â€˜little peopleâ€™
2% — Other (see the comments section)
I’m actually a bit surprised that there aren’t more couponers out there… I figured that our non-couponing ways would put us in a relatively small minority, but I was wrong… Does anything in particular jump out at you? If so, please feel free to leave a comment. As before, I’m going to leave the poll open, so drop by and leave a response if you haven’t had a chance to participate.
Be sure to check back next week for the next poll in the series. And if you have any ideas for poll questions that youâ€™d like to see, please donâ€™t hesitate to contact me.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)