Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
The tax refund poll results are in. The question of the week was “Did you end up owing additional federal taxes this year, or did you get a refund?” and three-quartes of all respondents (74% to be exact) received a refund this year. Just keep in mind that a tax refund is little more than an interest free loan to the government. Thus, it might make sense for those of us with large(ish) refunds to adjust our withholding to avoid the same situation next year.
Be sure to check back next week for a brand new poll. And please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any ideas for poll questions that you’d like to see. I can’t promise that I’ll use your suggestion, but I’d love to hear from you.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (286)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (235)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)