Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
I was grocery shopping at Kroger (KR) the other night when I noticed something interesting (and disappointing) at the bottom of my receipt… It seems that the gas discount for Kroger Plus Card holders is coming to an end on May 6th. If you’re not familiar with their discount program, you get a base discount of $0.03 off per gallon at Kroger Fuel Centers when you scan your Kroger Plus Card, increasing to $0.10/gallon whenever for every $100 that you spend on groceries. While they state that they’ll be replacing this deal with a discount of “up to” $0.15/gallon when you use the Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards MasterCard, I’d be willing to bet that this won’t end up being as good of a deal for Kroger customers. Thus far, I haven’t been able to find any further details — the blurb on the receipt said to check their May 7th circular for details.
Oh, and I should also note that I ended up paying more for a gallon of gas than a gallon of milk that night — if only someone could invent a milk-powered car!
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (228)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)