Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Well, the Home Depot coupons that I bought on eBay last week just arrived a few days back. As it turns out, I’m a dolt…
I didn’t read the listing as carefully as I should have, and the coupons turned out to be good for 10% off your total purchase when you use your Home Depot credit card. Doh! I don’t have a Home Depot credit card.
The other thing that I noticed as soon as I opened the envelope was that the coupons were fake… They had obviously produced by a color printer or copier. So now I at least have an out — I’ve contacted the seller and he agreed to refund my money as soon as I send the coupons back. To be honest, I halfway expected this, but I only risked about eight bucks, and now my curiosity has been satisfied.
There’s still one thing that I don’t get though… If you were going to forge Home Depot coupons, why would you choose to copy a crappy coupon that’s only good for purchases with the store credit card when you could’ve made copies of the far more useful 10% coupons that don’t restrict the mode of payment?
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)