Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Back in mid-July I wrote about the fact that Dish Network customer service sucks. Well, here we are… Just over a month later and I’m not-so-pleased to report that their customer service still sucks. That’s right, we still haven’t received the rebate for our installation fee.
To make a long story short, we were promised free installation for signing up for 18 months of service — we just had to pay the installer $49.99 and we’d get that amount back in the form of a credit on our first bill. Surprise, surprise, our first bill showed up without the credit. After going back and forth with Dish about this, I was forced to take it up with the reseller, who (apparently) failed to forward the necessary paperwork to Dish. After numerous phone calls, as well as faxing the contract back and forth, mailing it back and forth (twice), and a whole lot of sitting around waiting, nothing has happened.
So tonight I sat down and filed an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau. To be honest, I’m still not sure if the fault in this case lies with Dish or the reseller, but I’m not willing to deal with either of them any longer. And I figure that setting a fire under the reseller is the surest way to get our money back.
By the way, I invite you to Google the following phrase: Dish Network customer service. Check out what comes up in the results just after Dish Network’s main page. 😉
For more information on moving, check out my Roadmap for a Successful Relocation.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)