Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
I talked the other day about how much I prefer Netflix over the theater, at least from a financial perspective. That being said, we do indulge in trips to the movie theater every once in awhile. And what fun is a movie without snacks?
The problem here is that the snack bar is even more overpriced than the ticket counter. Our solution? Simple. Stop by the drugstore on the way to the theater to pick up our treats. Then just slip them in your pocket and head for the show. Given that a box of Milk Duds goes for something like three bucks at the theater, picking up the exact same thing for under a buck while you’re en route is a great way to keep your costs down while still enjoying full movie theater experience. This is especially when you have four kids that are hankering for a treat — to be fair, our youngest doesn’t go to the movies yet, but still.
You know, it’s funny… I never realized how much of a habit this had become until our eight year old asked “Dad, is there a CVS drugstore at every theater?”
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (286)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (235)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)