Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
This is getting really, really old… When I last wrote about our Dish Network customer service problems, I was confident that they had been solved. But I was wrong… While we did receive the $49.99 credit for ‘free’ installation, we’re still being charged for the Home Protection plan (essentially an extended warranty on the equipment that’s supposed to be free for 18 months). Fortunately, I got the name and extension of the person that was helping me so I could call her back. Unfortunately, I keep getting her voice mail and she never calls back.
The exact same thing happened with the last rep that we dealt with. And yes, I’m polite as can be when dealing with them, so it’s not a case of them deciding not to call back a rude customer. So…
I called EchoStar corporate headquarters (again) and got a new (upper tier) CSR on the line. As usual, sge promised to fix the problem. Rather than fix it herself, however, this time she’s going to tackle the problem by e-mailing a different department — nothing like passing the buck! She did offer both her e-mail address and her direct phone number in case I need to get in touch with her about this going forward. However, given that this is the third time that I’ve gotten that sort of information, and have yet to get back in touch with the two previous “helpers,” I’m not holding my breath. Given what we’ve been through, I can almost guarantee that I’ll be writing again next week about the lack of a resolution.
I have also followed up with the BBB about this new development to try and get them to put some pressure on the retailer.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)