Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
At long last, here’s the fourth and final part of my mini-series on saving on medical care. The article upon which this is based was writen by Sid Kirchheimer and originally published in Bottom Line/Personal. Today we’ll be covering tips #7 and #8. Here goes…
Tip #7: Watch for double billing — It’s not uncommon for hospitals to double bill for certain things. For example, they might charge a daily room rate as well as for sheets and pillows. Ask the hospital’s patient advocate if these things aren’t already included in the room rate. Same goes for things related to operating room time — is it really legitimate to charge separately for scrubs, masks, and gloves? It doesn’t hurt to ask.
Tip #8: Don’t pay for your last day — Hospital patients are typically charged for an entire day their first day no matter how late they check in. In return, hospitals aren’t supposed to charge for the last day, or at least not if you check out by a certain time. So find out about the witching hour, and then be sure your doctor releases you before that time rolls around. If the doctor can’t come by to see you in time, take it up with the hospital — you shouldn’t be charged for someone else’s schedule constraints. This is actually something that we dealt with when our first child was born. As long as we were out by a certain time (maybe 2PM), the last day was free of charge. Needless to say, we got out in time.
[Source: Bottom Line/Personal]
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (286)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (236)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)