Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Have you ever accidentally missed a credit card payment and ended up with a late fee plus finance charges? If so, you should definitely try calling the card issuer and pleading your case. Unless you’re chronically late, odds are they’ll agree to refund both the late fee and the finance charges. And if not, you’re only out the few minutes that it takes to make the phone call. This actually happened to us recently with our Citi Driver’s Edge MasterCard…
Last month I somehow failed to make the payment on our card. Naturally, we got whacked with a $39 late fee as well as finance charges — wow, that credit card interest sure piles up fast!
I was, of course, really bummed. After all, we’ve never paid a late fee or an interest charge to a credit card company. Was the streak about to end? Not if I had anything to say about it!
I picked up the phone, called up Citi, explained that we’ve never been late on a payment before, and asked them if they could do anything about the fees. The CSR said he’d check and see if he could get it automatically credited back, paused for a few seconds, and then said he’d taken care of it.
Thus, our streak is alive… We’ve still never paid a late fee or interest charge to a credit card company.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)