Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Editor’s Note: This offer is no longer available.
Just a quick followup on my earlier article about Citi Dividend Platinum Select cards being converted to Dividend World MasterCards. KMC of AdvancedPersonalFinance e-mailed me to share the following bit of information:
“A friend’s wife is setting up a business and she’ll be taking credit cards. On the schedule of fees, they specifically mention several cards including ‘World Mastercard‘ for special treatment… Merchants must pay an additional fee when customers use these kinds of cards.”
Just as I suspected, this “upgrade” isn’t motivated by a desired to reward you “due to your noteworthy card history.” Rather, it seems to be driven by a desire to increase merchant processing fees. Not terribly surprising, but I though y’all might be interested.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)