Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Late last week I noted that we pre-ordered Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows from Amazon. It comes out on Saturday, July 21st, and if you spring for standard shipping ($3.99) they guarantee that it’ll be delivered on the day of release (other wise it’s free).
The price is reasonably competitive ($17.99, down from a list price of $34.99), and last night while perusing Amazon’s website, I noticed that they’re offering a bit of an additional incentive… Everyone that pre-orders a copy will receive a $5 gift certificate to be used anytime during August. Assuming that you’ll make use of the gift certificate, that brings the price down to $12.99, and it’s also eligible for Super Saver Shipping (assuming that you don’t mind receiving it after release day — otherwise you’ll have to pony up the extra $3.99).
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)