Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Hey, guess what? As part of their bid to win regulatory approval of their purchase of BellSouth, AT&T agreed to offer a $10/month DSL plan — cheaper than service from many dialup providers. The trouble is, they’re not advertising it.
Here’s the deal: If you live in a former BellSouth market and haven’t had DSL in the past, then you’re likely to be eligible for a 768 kb DSL connection for $10/month. This deal requires a 12 month agreement, and the price will remain at this level through the end of 2009 (after the contract is up, you can maintain service under a month-to-month agreement that can be cancelled at any time). The only real downside is that you apparently don’t get a free modem ($75) with this plan.
If you’re interested, you can enter your phone number on the FastAccess homepage to find out if you’re eligible – notice that the cheapest plan they offer up front is DSL Lite for $19.95/month, but you can get this same plan for $10/month if you qualify.
Having switched to broadband about five years ago, I can say with confidence that I’d never go back. And 768 kb is actually a pretty decent connection, especially considering the price. No, it’s not really suitable for online gaming, but it’s 3X faster than their DSL Lite offering used to be, and way faster than dialup. Plus, it’s always on, which is incredibly convenient. If you’re still on dialup, or if you’re on cable and don’t really need that much bandwidth, then this is definitely worth checking out.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)