Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
This has been kicking around in the back of my head for quite awhile, so I thought I’d put my thoughts down on paper (so to speak)…
With all the hand-wringing that goes on about saving money, it’s easy to lose sight of the fact that it’s okay to spend money. And I’m not just talking about “needs” here… Believe it or not, it’s even okay to spend money on things that you want, but don’t really need. In fact, that’s the whole point of having your finances in order, isn’t it?
Don’t get me wrong, getting (or staying) out of debt and saving for the future are incredibly important, but don’t forget to enjoy your life along the way. Of course, you don’t want to overdo it and decimate your savings or run up a huge credit card bill, but you likewise shouldn’t overdo it in the other direction and wind up leading an overly ascetic life.
There. I said it. Now have a great week.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)