Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
What would you do if you found a wallet stuffed with cash and no identification?
Roughly ten years ago, my wife and I ran into this exact situation. We were making do on a shoestring budget, about to have a baby, and we ran across a blue nylon wallet laying in the parking lot near a side entrance into the local mall.
There was nobody in sight and when I picked it up and looked inside, I was shocked to see eleven crisp $100 bills. But that was it. No credit cards, no driver’s license… Nothing. Just the cash.
When faced with a situation like this, what would you do?
I don’t want to influence the discussion, so I’ll post my answer in a couple of days.
Edit to add: I’ve now posted my answer.
Photo Credit: ceoln
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (228)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)