Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
As the year winds down, it’s time to start thinking about investment opportunities in 2008. As I’m sure you’re aware, some of the most attractive vehicles that U.S. investors have at their disposal are IRAs, which allow you to defer taxes, or grow your investments tax free. That being said, you’re limited in the amount that you can contribute to an IRA each year, and you can’t carry the unused portion of your contribution limit forward to future years.
The good news is that the contribution limits are increasing for 2008, as follows:
|Year||Under Age 50||Age 50+|
Note that individuals aged 50 and over are eligible for so-called “catchup” contributions, which result in a higher contribution limit. After 2008, contribution limits will be indexed for inflation (finally!) in $500 increments.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (286)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (235)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)