Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
It’s that time of year again… Time for benefits open enrollment…
I was just looking through our options, and it appears that we’ll be sitting tight with our current options this year. The biggest change is that we’ll be paying 14.5% more for health insurance this year (and so will my employer). The good news is that our dental coverage will cost the same, and my group life insurance is going down slightly.
Also note that employee retirement contribution limits are staying the same this year, so there won’t be any big changes in that area.
The only thing that we actually have to do is to set up our flexible spending account (which has to be done every year). In 2007, we set aside $1,200 and have essentially maxed that out. In truth, we’re well beyond this amount, but I’ve been lazy about submitting receipts. I haven’t yet decided how much to set aside for 2008. Since we’re not expecting any overly-large expenditures in terms of health care (no more braces until at least 2009), I’ll probably opt for the same amount this year.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)