Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Well, the windows finally showed up (two weeks late) and our renovations are proceeding quickly. In the past week:
(1) the exterior got finished (though they still have to paint around the newest windows),
(2) the electrical rough-in got completed,
(3) the heat and air ducts got run,
(4) the county inspector gave us a thumbs up,
(4) the insulation got put in, and
(5) the drywall went up
Ah, the drywall… What a treat. We now have a nice coating of fine white dust everywhere. Everywhere. This despite our best efforts to cordon it off with plastic sheets. And they’re not even done sanding it yet! The upcoming week will see a lot of activity, with the flooring getting installed, the trim work getting done, and the interior getting painted (hopefully).
There will still be some work left at that point — cabinets, new carpeting in the boys room to tie into their new closet, shelving in the new laundry room, pantry, and closet. The new deck also needs to get stained, but… We can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. And we’re very happy with the decisions that we’ve made up to this point.
We’re leaving the conversion of the old laundry room into a powder room for last — after all, we can’t very well keep up on laundry for six if we tear out the old laundry room before the new one is ready.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)