Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Here’s a quick tip for those of you that are intent on giving gifts cards this holiday season… Check your local grocery store to see if they sell gift cards for major retailers and restaurants. Ours does, and that means we can actually save a decent chunk of money on them by using a reward credit card.
For example, our Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express card offers up to 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets. The first $6,000 of purchases at U.S. stand-alone supermarkets in a calendar year qualifies for 3% cash back; 1% thereafter. And 2% cash back on gasoline at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores; 1% cash back on other purchases. Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit. Cash back is earned only on eligible purchases. (Make sure you understand the terms and restrictions before you apply.)
While we’re not talking about a large sum of money here, every little bit helps.
Curious as to the types of cards that you might be able to purchase? Here’s a rundown of the things that I saw on the gift card rack in our local grocery store:
Barnes & Noble
Bass Pro Shop
Bed, Bath & Beyond
I’ve also seen gift cards of this sort in gas stations around town, so keep your eyes open when you’re out and about. If you’re also interested in other offers, see the list of the best 0% APR Balance Transfer credit cards.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)