Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Oh, how quickly things change… We had planned on spending a quiet Christmas and New Year’s at home, but today I checked airfares on a whim and discovered a (relatively) hot deal that will allow us to go visit family without breaking the bank. Don’t get me wrong… It’s far from free at a bit under $220 apiece. But since my wife and I don’t typically exchange gifts, this trip will be a well-deserved gift to each other.
Given that we have six people in our family, we mostly travel by car. And because we live quite far from family, we don’t travel to see them nearly enough. Thus, this should be a rather memorable trip, especially for the kids. And it will be made even more memorable by the fact that we’re departing Christmas night (around 6PM, arriving shortly before 8PM), and we’re not telling the boys about the trip until Christmas morning.
The beauty of our plan is that we’ll be home for Christmas morning, which we love, but we’ll also get to spend time with family around the holidays, which we also love. And hopefully we’ll get to enjoy a healthy dose of snow. Now for the critical question…
Does anyone think we’ll run into trouble carrying our Wii through airport security?
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)