Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Here’s a timely bit of financial news for all of you New Year’s revelers… Due to a shortage of hops and malted barley, beer prices are expected to increase substantially in the near future. According to a recent article in The Independent, hops prices have risen in the United States by as much as 600% in the past three months. A big part of the problem is the push for increased ethanol production in the U.S., which is causing more and more farmers to convert their acreage to corn.
The price spikes are expected to be greatest for smaller, craft breweries because the behemoths of the brewing industry (e.g., Anheuser-Busch and Coors) are locked into long-term supply contracts that provide them with temporary protection against the increased costs. So… While life’s too short to drink cheap beer, it looks like the good stuff is going to cost disproportionately more for the foreseeable future.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)