Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Speaking to a crowd at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds, Barack Obama began outlining his economic plan. Proposals included tax relief for seniors and the middle class, debt relief for students, extended unemployment benefits, the establishment of a $10 billion foreclosure prevention fund, and (get this)…
A second round of stimulus checks.
In response to concerns over the struggling economy, Obama said:
Thatâ€™s why Iâ€™ve called for another round of fiscal stimulus, an immediate $50 billion to help those whoâ€™ve been hit hardest by this economic downturn â€“ Americans who have lost their jobs, their homes, and are facing rising costs and cutbacks in state and local services like education and health care.
He further stated that his proposals would be funded through a “pay as you go system,” wherein the revenue generated from slashing corporate tax breaks, eliminating tax loopholes, and taxing big-oil profits would be used to pay for the plan.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)