0% Balance Transfer Offers

In case you haven’t noticed, it’s getting harder and harder to find 0% balance transfer credit cards that don’t charge a transfer fee.

Here’s one 0% balance-transfer offer that does not charge a balance transfer fee: the Slate® from Chase.

Chase Slate®

With a Chase Slate® card, consumers can save with a:

• $0 introductory balance transfer fee
  • 0% introcutory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers
  • $0 annual fee

The $0 introductory balance transfer fee is for balances transferred within 60 days of account-opening. After 60 days of account-opening, the ongoing balance transfer fee is either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.

We will be adding more offers to our list soon, so check back with us!

Published on August 20th, 2008 - 11 Comments
Filed under: Credit Cards

1. The credit card industry is working hard at taking advantage of people that carry a balance. Be careful how you use your cards.

Comment by Anonymous — Aug 20th 2008 @ 7:31 am
  2. I would like to do a few of these to save some interest on current loans. I wanted to get them done while I’m not in the market for any new loans in the near future.

But I am concerned about applying for a card and being disappointed with the credit limit. Is there any guidance on the best company or card to go with to maximize your credit limit. I would like more than $10k, but currently the max on each of my cards is around 6k.

Comment by Anonymous — Aug 20th 2008 @ 8:49 am
  3. If you are a member, USAA has a 12-month 0% offer with no fees for balance transfers and convenience checks. You have to be a member though and it is limited to military or people related to members.

Comment by Anonymous — Aug 21st 2008 @ 9:13 am
  4. I have not done a balance transfer with a fee yet. Is the fee included in the transfer and also charged 0% intrest? If not, how is it handled? Is it a seperate charge at full intrest that has no payment credited to it untill the full amount of the balance transfer is paid off? Do you just send a check for the fee amount? Please answer asap. Thank You!

Comment by Anonymous — Aug 24th 2008 @ 8:58 am
  5. DITO with #3 Dan. Did it in July with USAA for 12 months. The real trick is to have sufficient liquidity to pay off after 12 months and then start all over.

#4 Donna – Fee is tacked onto the balance of the transfer, i.e., $1000 transfered + $30 ( 3% fee). Be careful not to bust your credit limit on the transfer.

Comment by Anonymous — Aug 26th 2008 @ 3:51 pm
  6. I didn’t even know any cards transfered even with 6 months any more for no fee so that could definetly come in handy for some people.

Comment by Anonymous — Sep 7th 2008 @ 1:42 am
  7. Try Bank Of America for higher limits. I have two cards with them at this point. Every couple of months, I request a limit increase and I get it. One of my cards has a $18,000 limit and I own 4,000 on it and the other limit is $15,000 and I have a zero balance on it. I obtained both cards with an intro 0% offer for one year each. I have almost paid off all of my debt by doing this for the past three years. Next, I ‘m going to start taking the max for 0% and putting it in a 12 month CD to earn the interest. Food for thought!

Comment by Anonymous — Nov 7th 2008 @ 9:21 pm
  8. Try the ESPN Visa card also. No balance transfer fee, 0% for 6 mos.

Comment by Anonymous — Nov 15th 2008 @ 1:39 pm
  9. When looking at the Advanta site it stated that “adding an Advanta card to your wallet gave 0% for 15 months”, then there were at least 3 cards that had no transaction fee – the Business World Mastercard, the Business World Mastercard with WhyWait Points and the Net90 card. Am I missing some catch?

Also, I have an Advanta card and they have never reported my balance to the credit bureaus – whether that is standard for them or just lucky for me, I don’t know.

Comment by Anonymous — Dec 22nd 2008 @ 9:26 pm
  10. I just wanted to say thanks for finding these. Despite the fact that there are TONS of 0% offers, it is REALLY nice to find info with 0% balance transfers that include Zero Fees!

Thanks again – I think this will save me about $100/month in interest!

Comment by Anonymous — Jan 8th 2009 @ 3:45 pm
  11. Try US Bank. 12 months 0% interest on balance transfers and no balance tranfer fee.

Comment by Anonymous — Jan 16th 2009 @ 10:23 pm

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.