Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
My wife and I have recently (finally!) started using a babysitter somewhat regularly such that we can get some time to ourselves. With that as a backdrop, I thought it would be interesting to hear how much you guys are paying your babysitters (or how much you’re getting paid if you earn extra money as a babysitter).
I’ll go first…
We have four kids between the ages of 3-10 and we’ve been paying $10/hour. Our babysitter is a friend of the family, very responsible, and just short of high school. From what I can tell, we’re paying somewhat more than the going rate in our area, but we also have more kids than most, so I think it balances out.
What about you? How how much do you pay your babysitter?
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)