Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Another day, another bank takeover… This time it’s Citigroup, Inc. (C) acquiring the banking assets of Wachovia Corp. (WB) for $2.1 billion in stock. They are also assuming $53 billion in Wachovia debt.
Once again, the FDIC orchestrated this takeover (with help from the Treasury Department and the Federal Reserve). In this case, however, the FDIC may wind up on the hook for losses in connection with Wachovia’s mortgage portfolio. As was the case with the WaMu takeover, the transition should be seamless for bank customers.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)