Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
While perusing the latest issue of Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, I ran across an article critiquing the top online brokers (see also my earlier article on the best online discount brokers). They rated twelve different brokers based on commission, research/tools, commissions/fees, investment choices, and ease of use, and customer service.
Here’s what they came up with:
- Charles Schwab
- Muriel Siebert
- TD Ameritrade
Frankly, I was surprised to see TradeKing and E*Trade back in fourth and fifth place, as they’re both popular among FiveCentNickel readers. Moreover, SmartMoney picked E*Trade as their top online broker, and TradeKing has received rave reviews for their combination of excellent customer service and cheap trades.
Looking further down the list, Zecco came in second to last despite their free trades. When it comes to Zecco, people either seem to love them or hate them. However, if you don’t have a lot to invest and you’re trying to keep your costs as low as possible, it’s hard to argue with free.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (535)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (326)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (230)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)