Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Late last week, Congressional Democrats put their plans for another economic stimulus package on hold until after President-elect Obama is sworn into office in January. In the near term, they’ll focus instead on a $6B expansion of unemployment benefits as well as a possible $25B bailout of the auto industry.
According to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, the larger plan was slated to include unemployment benefits, auto industry help, aid to states and a large increase in infrastructure spending. The total package would have cost $61B to $150B. There was no mention of a second stimulus check.
Source: Mercury News
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (535)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (326)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (230)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)