Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Tough economic times are a sort of double whammy for many charities — the need for services spikes, but donations shrink. Not a good combination. While we’re in the fortunate position to be able to maintain (if not increase) our donations over years past, that’s not the case for everyone. With that in mind, I thought I’d list some ideas for supporting your favorite charities even if you can’t afford to make a monetary donation.
- Donate your time. Volunteers are the lifeblood of most charities. Consider volunteering your time to help out your charity of choice.
- Donate used clothing. Do you have any clothes hanging in your closet that no longer fit? If so, consider giving them a second life by donating them to a worth charity.
- Donate used household goods. Got any extra pots, pans, or other durable goods taking up space around your house? If so, why not donate them to someone that will make use of them?
- Donate frequent flyer miles. If you have frequent flyer miles sitting around that aren’t likely to get used, consider donating them. Most (if not all) major frequent flyer programs allow you to donate your miles to charitable causes. Check with your program of choice for details.
- Donate your blood. What’s more value than the gift of life? Check GiveLife.org for a local blood drive and then go donate.
If you have any suggestions of your own, please leave a comment.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)