Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Awhile back, I wrote about the best tax prep software. I’ve always been partial to TurboTax, and it seems that I’m not alone… PC Magazine has named TurboTax as it’s Editors’ Choice award winner. Here’s their summary:
TurboTax and H&R Block’s TaxCut wage a mighty battle in the premium personal tax preparation software market every year, with TaxACT mopping up the more budget-conscious and knowledgeable filers. This year, the outcome is the same as in recent years: TurboTax is our Editors’ Choice. Though TaxCut wins points for its more reasonable pricing and remains a formidable foe in terms of functionality, it hasn’t evolved as skillfully as TurboTax has. Both premium apps continue to do a commendable job of exploding the 1040 into palatable chunks that can be more easily digested and processed, but TurboTax â€” especially in the Premier version â€” takes apart complex topics and eases you through them with a greater variety of at-the-ready guidance and versatility.
I’ve actually used TurboTax for the past six years (at least), and have been very satisfied with it. Because our taxes have gotten quite complex over the years, I used both TurboTax and a tax pro for our 2006 taxes and the results came out nearly identical, so I’ve fallen back to self-preparing. My only quibble last year was that the AMT documentation was a little sparse, but I muddled through and figured things out just fine.
Also be sure to check out my TurboTax vs. TaxCut comparison.
Source: PC Magazine
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)