MyFICO ScoreWatch: Free Access to Your FICO Credit Score

Late last week, I mentioned MyFICO Scorewatch in the context of Experian’s decision to stop offering consumer FICO scores. This time around, I thought I’d mention it in it’s own right, as it’s a great way to get a free peek at your credit score thanks to their 30 day free trial.

In case you’re not familiar with MyFICO, they’re the consumer division of Fair Isaac, which is the company that invented the FICO credit score. Their ScoreWatch product is essentially a credit monitoring service that gives you two free Equifax Score Power reports per year. These reports include a complete Equifax credit report plus your Equifax-based FICO score. They also alert you whenever your credit report changes, and provide you with an updated FICO score at the same time.

While this sort of service may or may not appeal to everyone, there’s one killer feature that pretty much anyone should love — a 30 day free trial which, at the very least, provides you with access to a free FICO credit score. If you sign up and decide to keep the service, it costs $8.95, or $89.95 per year. But if you cancel within 30 days, there’s no cost to you whatsoever. You can also try the free service Wise Piggy.

So what are you waiting for? Go check your score and let us know where you stand. Mine is 795. Can you beat that? 😉

Published on February 13th, 2009 - 11 Comments
Filed under: Credit Cards,Debt Reduction

1. I still just use creditkarma.com to check mine. I know it’s not as accurate as using a company like Fair Isaac, but it’s free and easy to use.

I still check my credit report every 6 months or so with a one time fee to make sure nothing is amiss 🙂

Comment by Anonymous — Feb 13th 2009 @ 3:15 pm
  2. Nice score.

Comment by Anonymous — Feb 14th 2009 @ 1:13 pm
  3. 804, mwahahaha! Thanks for the tip. This is the first time I have ever gotten my actual score. Must be doing something right!

Comment by Anonymous — Feb 14th 2009 @ 2:54 pm
  4. 801

🙂

Comment by Anonymous — Feb 15th 2009 @ 10:24 am
  5. I love MyFICO.com, but I’ve already used my free trial, so I can’t resign up. But, I do keep track for my own purposes through Credit Karma, which I think just takes an average of the three scores which is why it’s not as accurate as MyFICO. For general purposes, I think this is the best method. But, when it comes down to actually looking to make a purchase, I’ll pull the real deal. That said, I’m currently at 708. I dropped 50 point recently because of a stupid credit card dropping the program I was under and they closed the card, which set off a chain reaction of events that resulted in a 50 point drop. *sigh* No worries, though. I’ll gain it back.

Comment by Anonymous — Feb 16th 2009 @ 1:31 am
  6. Thanks! Was just looking for a way to check now that my Wamu card won’t have the free credit check feature any more.

Comment by Anonymous — Feb 16th 2009 @ 10:21 pm
  7. 811.

Comment by Anonymous — Feb 17th 2009 @ 9:45 am
  8. 395…lower is better right?

Comment by Anonymous — Feb 19th 2009 @ 2:06 am
  9. i am having a problem getting to my scorewatch. you are still taking $8.95 out of my acct. every month
    so i know i am still enrolled. please advise me how to get to it………………..

Comment by Anonymous — Jul 11th 2009 @ 4:25 pm