Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
At the time, however, I wasn’t aware that you can use TurboTax for free if you make less than $30k. Note that I’m not talking about the free 1040EZ filing that they offer when you hit their homepage. Rather, I’m talking about their so-called Tax Freedom Edition, which is available as part of the Free File Alliance.
Note that this is a more or less complete version of TurboTax, with access to not only the 1040EZ, but also the 1040A and 1040 forms. In order to qualify, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Earned an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) for tax year 2008 of $30,000 or less; or
- Qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC); or
- Served Active Duty Military with AGI of $56,000 or less
If you don’t qualify, be sure to sign up to win TurboTax for free. You have just under 12 hours left to enter. Good luck!
Hat tip: Poorer Than You
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)