Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Last fall, I wrote about a new social media site called Tip’d, which specializes in financial news. At the time, they were still in beta, but it wasn’t long before they staged their public launch. Since their launch, Tip’d has established a base of 6000+ users who have submitted over 12,000 articles.
Introducing Tip’d 2.0
And now… The Tip’d team is announcing version 2.0, which adds a number of new features to their already feature-rich service. The new additions include:
- SocialTickers – Pages that track stock tickers and aggregate news across the Social Web. (link)
- Video Integration – A special category for video news stories. (link)
- Tip’d Top 100 – A list of the Top 100 most popular sites in terms of articles “made popular” on Tip’d. (link)
- Tip’d Greatest Hits – A listing of the most popular stories ever featured on the Tip’d front page. (link)
After perusing these links, I was pleased to discover that FCN is ranked in the Top 100 sites, and also that three of my articles are amongst the most popular ever submitted to Tip’d. Here they are:
- Money Tips from Twitterville (Tip it!)
- What Goes Into the Price of Gas? (Tip it!)
- Reduce Debt With a DIY Balance Transfer (Tip it!)
In addition, my article on how to save money on groceries fell just one vote short of the list.
How to use Tip’d
If you’ve never used Tip’d, I encourage you to check it out. It’s a great source for finding interesting finance-related articles. Moreover, once you’ve created your (free!) account, you can vote on articles that others have submitted, and you can also submit articles yourself.
Oh, and in case you haven’t noticed, I’ve included Tip’d links at the end of every article so it’s very easy to submit and/or vote for things that catch your eye.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)