Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
As you skim through the list (reproduced below), you’ll notice that it’s quite similar to last year’s version. There are, however, some differences. Here’s a quick rundown of their most notable findings:
- E*Trade retained the top spot, excelling in all categories across the board.
- TradeKing slipped one spot for third to fourth, though they still shines in terms of trading tools and customer service, and their commissions are still significantly far lower than their nearest competition.
- Zecco is still hanging on near the bottom of the list. They have barebones offerings, but also offer free trades if you meet their balance requirements.
- ShareBuilder climbed a few spots from the bottom of the list, primarily because they added 300 new mutual funds to their offerings.
The best brokers of 2009
Here’s a full rundown of SmartMoney’s list:
- Charles Schwab
- TD Ameritrade
- Muriel Siebert
- Banc of America
- Wall Street*E
- Zecco Trading
Interestingly, none of Consumer Reports’ best broker picks made it onto SmartMoney’s list.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)