Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Why Lending Club?
As you’re likely aware, Matt is working hard to get out of debt, and has also become somewhat dis-illusioned with big banks. Following the recommendation of a friend, Matt decided to use Lending Club’s social lending platform to consolidate and effectively refinance a portion of his high interest debt.
As soon as Matt told me about this, I jumped on Lending Club, found his loan, and invested
$25 $500. While some might shy away from lending money to family or friends, I’d rather invest in Matt than in a complete stranger.
Help a brother out
If you’re looking to get your feet wet with social lending, here’s your chance.
- Open an account with Lending Club
- Click the “Browse Notes” link under the “Invest” tab
- Search for “betsyjabs” using the search box in the right sidebar
Assuming that it hasn’t already been funded by the time you do this, you should see an $11k loan request under the username “betsyjabs” (Matt’s wife). They’re Grade A borrowers, and the loan pays 9.32% (see below).
Just be sure to act fast! Matt listed the loan Saturday, and it’s over 60% funded.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)