Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
The Vanguard Group recently published a list of books about money that would make great Christmas presents. There are nine books about investing, and seven books about financial planning.
Without further ado, here they are…
Books about investing
- Winning the Loser’s Game: Timeless Strategies for Investing
- A Random Walk Down Wall Street
- Straight Talk on Investing: What You Need to Know
- The Little Book of Common Sense Investing
- The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing
- The Four Pillars of Investing: Lessons for Building a Winning Portfolio
- The Bogleheads’ Guide to Investing
- Your Money and Your Brain: How the New Science of Neuroeconomics Can Help Make You Rich
- How a Second Grader Beats Wall Street: Golden Rules Any Investor Can Learn
Books about financial planning
- Guide to Starting Your Financial Life
- Get a Financial Life: Personal Finance in Your Twenties and Thirties
- Personal Finance for Dummies
- Smart and Simple Financial Strategies for Busy People
- The Savage Number: How Much Money Do You Need to Retire?
- The College Solution: A Guide for Everyone Looking for the Right School at the Right Price
- The Bogleheads’ Guide to Retirement Planning
While these lists are a bit self-serving, in that they contain two Bogleheads books plus one by Jack Bogle (founder and former CEO of Vanguard) and another by Jack Brennan (Bogle’s successor), they’re actually quite good.
I haven’t read all of the books on here, but I’ve loved those that I’ve read (such as Four Pillars and the first Bogleheads book). Many of the others are on my personal “to read” list.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)