Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Does your employer offer to match a portion of your retirement contributions? If so, are you taking advantage of it? I hope so. If you’re not, you’re leaving free money on the table.
There’s been a lot of talk about whether or not you should suspend your retirement contributions when you’re working to get out of debt, but… I would think and long and hard before I decided to forego a match.
This isn’t to say that you shouldn’t scale back if you’re in debt reduction mode, but many of the best 401(k) plans match 50-100% of your contribution up to a certain point. If you don’t want to keep going full bore with your retirement savings, at least consider socking away enough to secure the full match.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)