Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
As you’ve likely heard by now, Haiti recently suffered a devastating earthquake. If you’re interested in helping the relief efforts by donating money but don’t know where to start, please check out the following non-exhaustive list of options:
- The American Red Cross has pledged an initial $1M in support. You can help support their efforts by donating online, or you can donate $10 by texting HAITI to 90999. Receipts for your text donation are available through mGive.
- UNICEF has set up a dedicated site for their relief efforts.
- Doctors Without Borders has also created a dedicated website for their efforts.
- You can support the Yele Haiti Earthquake Fund (started by Haiti’s own Wyclef Jean) by donating online, or you can send $5 by texting Yele to 501501.
For a more complete list of options, check out The Daily Beast.
Hat tip to Lifehacker.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)