Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
It’s been awhile since I’ve provided a Lending Club performance update, so today I’m going to be covering what’s happened in the past two months. As they say, no news is good news…
As of February 1, I’m rocking a 10.23% net annualized return on a portfolio that is currently composed of 233 notes. You can see from the graph below that my performance is currently right around average. I’d be thrilled if this keeps up.
Regular readers know that I’ve had one default thus far, which was a byproduct of my initial “high risk,” auto-selected portfolio. I’ve had one other loan in that portfolio go late, though that borrower is not on a payment plan and has been meeting their obligations.
In contrast, all of the loans in my “low risk,” auto-selected portfolio are current. The same can be said of my hand-selected portfolio, which is how we’ve invested the bulk of our funds. If you’re curious about how I select notes, check out my Lending Club loan selection criteria.
If you’ve been investing with Lending Club, I’d love to hear the details. How long have you been doing it? How many notes do you have? How do you select them? And how has your performance been?
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)