Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
While a lot of your probably haven’t filed your taxes yet — neither have we — many others have. It’s therefore likely that people are starting to wonder when they’ll receive their refund.
How to Check Your Tax Refund Status
The good news is that IRS has a refund hotline (800â€“829â€“1954) as well as an online “Refund Status” tool for finding our when you can expect your refund. Whether you call or go online, you’ll need your social security number, filing status, and exact refund amount to get an answer.
If they’re unable to locate your tax refund information, you’ll be asked to provide the approximate date that you filed as well as how you filed (paper or electronic). If they still can’t find your refund info, you’ll need to call the IRS for an answer.
Refund check for wrong amount
If your refund showed up but was for the wrong amount, then read on…
If your receive an unexpected check, or a check for more than you expected, don’t cash it until you receive a notice from the IRS explaining the discrepancy.
If you receive a smaller refund than you anticipated, you can go ahead and cash the check. If it is later determined that you should have received more, you should receive a check for the difference.
Either way, if you have questions about the amount of your refund, you can reach the IRA at 800-829-1040. Note that they ask you to wait two weeks from receipt of the erroneous check to provide time for any mailed notices to show up.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (535)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (326)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (230)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)