Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Have you ever wondered why Sam’s Club doesn’t accept Visa-branded credit cards? I mean, they accept MasterCard (and Discover!), so why not Visa? It’s understandable that they don’t accept Amex, as many merchants avoid Amex due to their relatively high merchant processing fees.
But Visa and MasterCard credit cards have similar processing fees, so why accept one and not the other? As it turns out, Walmart (who owns Sam’s Club) has a deal with MasterCard for discounted processing fees. While they’ve decided not to limit people’s options at regular Walmart stores, they accept MasterCard over Visa at Sam’s Club as a cost-cutting measure.
What about Discover? As it turns out, Sam’s actually has their own Sam’s Club Discover Card that can be used not only at their warehouse clubs, but also at other locations that accepts Discover.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (286)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (236)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)