Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Editor’s Note: These offers are no longer available. Please see the list of 0% APR balance transfer credit cards for the current balance transfer credit card offers.
As a followup to my recent post about PenFed credit card offers, as well as the list of balance transfer credit cards which reviewed the best current balance transfer credit card offers, I wanted to highlight an e-mail that I recently received from PenFed regarding their transfer fees…
It seems that they’ve decided to waive the balance transfer fee associated with several of their cards, including the PenFed Premium Travel Rewards American Express Card and the PenFed Visa Platinum Cash Rewards Card. While none of their cards offer 0% on balance transfers, they’re still a pretty good deal.
In addition to the waived fees (normally 2.5% up to $100), both cards offer a 24 month promo period with a balance transfer rate of 4.99%. Like I said, not as good as 0%, but 24 month offers are almost unheard of, and 4.99% is still a great deal compared to the much higher rates that most card issuers are charging.
This rate is also significantly better than you can get from alternative lending sources such as Lending Club. Just keep in mind that this is a time-limited promo, expiring on June 30, 2010.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (228)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)